Team Tyne Innovation has now acquired a boat for the race.
Over the last 12 months the team has been finding north east businesses and organisations with exciting innovation and incorporating them into the project.
We now have sponsors and supporters providing
- Marine paint for the underside of the boat that prevents slime and barnacles attaching, that would otherwise slow us down -AkzoNobel of Gateshead
- Solar film that is significantly lighter and thiner than tradition solar panels to generate energy for our sub systems – Power Roll of Sunderland
- Transponders that will enable the crew to call for assistance via satellites – Jotron of Cramlington
- Marine Compasses manufactured out of lighter and more durable materials – John Lilley and Gillie of North Shields
- Sun Glasses that are almost unbreakable – Cubix Eyewear of Darlington
- Ethical food supplements to help team performance – Natural Nutrients of Chester le Street
- Mattresses scientifically proven to give a better nights sleep – Mammoth of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Creative art and design – Newcastle College
- Highly educated engineers, to help the crew prepare the boat for the race – Durham University
- Sports Science to aid crew performance – NewcastleUniversity
- Clothing incorporating bamboo fibre to aid crew performance – The All-in-One Company
Team Tyne Innovation continues to down select equipment supplier, targeting innovation as a key priority. If you would like to be a supplier to the team please contact us.
To view a full list of the equipment and technology required for the venture, please click here.